- This is a Plastic 1/48 WWII F-51D Mustang Airplane from the Korean War from Tamiya.
- After WWII it appeared that the North American P-51D’s days in front line use were limited because of the advent of the jet age. The conflict in Korea brought the aircraft out of reserve and back into action but as the F-51D.
- Tamiya’s rendition of the Mustang builds up into an impressive, highly detailed 1/48th scale replica with accurate interior and exterior detail.
- High quality water activated decals are included for three aircraft.
- Highly detailed 1/48th scale plastic kit for static display
- Approximately 60 parts in medium grey and clear with fine recessed panel lines.
- Accurately captures features of F-51D: wings, prop, and armament.
- Multi-part canopy may be posed open or closed.
- Main wheels have separate hubs for easy painting.
- Highly detailed cockpit with accurate instrument panel, seat, control stick and rudder pedals, bulkheads, and sculpted pilot figure.
- 2 styles of exhaust stubs, optional position flaps, rockets and bombs.
- Detailed pictorial instructions.
OPTIONS: Single sheet of InvisaClear decals by Scalemaster. These decals are very precisely printed so that the clear carrier layer is kept to a minimum and does not show on the completed model. Three aircraft:
1: 12th FBS 18th FBG FF-943 S/N 412943 “was that too fast”.
Fuselage: Bare Metal w/black anti-glare panel; Spinner: Yellow.
Wings: Silver Dope; Tip of fin and rudder: Yellow.
2: 18th FBG Col W. Clark, CO, FF-651 S/N 474651.
Same as A: except Spinner: Silver.
3: 36th FBS 8th FBW Capt. JW Rogers “Buckeye Blitz VI” S/N 474941.
Same as A: except Spinner: Silver, Tip of fin and rudder: Red.
Additional paints Required: Colors are all flat except where indicated.
Detail colors: Interior Green, Black, Silver, Yellow, Red, Blue, Khaki, Tan, Buff, Gloss Red, Semi-gloss Black, Flesh, Green, Brown, and Gloss Blue.
- Hobby Knife
- Paint: (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Cement for plastics (TESR3512)
- Nice-to-have tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter, Airbrush and Accessories
- Scale: 1/48
- Wingspan: 9-1/4″ (23.6cm)
- Fuselage Length: 8″ (20.5cm)