- This is a Plastic 1/48 North American P-51D Mustang WWII Fighter Aircraft from Tamiya.
- North American’s Mustang was one of the most important and effective of all fighter aircraft to serve during WWII. This kit represents the definitive P-51D which was used on long range escort duties in the Pacific and Europe.
- Tamiya’s rendition of the Mustang builds up into an impressive, highly detailed 1/48th scale replica with accurate interior and exterior detail.
- High quality water activated decals are included for four aircraft.
- Highly detailed 1/48th scale plastic kit for static display.
- Approximately 60 parts in medium grey and clear with fine recessed panel lines.
- Accurately captures features of P-51D: wings, armament, drop tanks.
- Multi-part canopy may be posed open or closed – two types included.
- Main wheels have separate hubs for easy painting.
- Highly detailed cockpit with accurate instrument panel, seat, control stick and rudder pedals, bulkheads, and sculpted pilot figure.
- 2 styles of exhaust stubs, optional position flaps.
- Detailed pictorial instructions.
OPTIONS: Decals are printed on 2 sheets – one sheet contains national markings and invasion stripes, other sheet has individual aircraft markings.
1: 352nd FG 487th FS Lt Col John C. Mayer “Petie 2nd”. Fuselage: Natural metal w/ blue nose and spinner; Wings: Silver Dope.
2: 357th FG 362nd FS Leonard K Carson “Nooky Booky IV”.
Fuselage: Natural metal w/ Olive Drab anti-glare panel and red and orange checked nose; Wings: Silver Dope; Spinner: red w/orange stripe.
3: 361st FG 357th FS Thomas J Christian “Lou IV”.
Fuselage: Natural metal w/ areas of Olive drab camoflage; Wing Top: Olive Drab; Wing Bottom: Natural metal; Nose and Spinner: Yellow.
4: 361st FG 375th FS Urban L Drew.
Same as C: but area of yellow on nose is smaller.
Additional Paints Required: Colors are all flat except where indicated.
Detail colors: Interior Green, Black, Silver, Yellow, Red, Blue, Khaki, Tan, Buff, Gloss Red, Semi-gloss Black, Flesh, Green, Brown, and Gloss Blue.
- Hobby Knife
- Paint: (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Cement for plastics (TESR3512)
- Nice-to-have tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter, Airbrush and Accessories