- This is a Plastic 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109E Airplane from Tamiya.
- When the Messerschmitt Bf109 first flew in 1936 it was, in many ways, the most advanced fighter aircraft in the world. The design was continually improved
and the first E-models came into service at the start of WWII.
- The E-3, which this kit represents, was active during the invasion of France and the Battle of Britain.
- The Bf109E-3 builds into a highly detailed 1/48th scale replica and includes InvisaClear decals by ScaleMaster for three marking variations.
- Highly detailed 1/48th scale plastic kit for static display.
- Approximately 65 parts in medium grey and clear with fine recessed panel lines.
- Dummy engine eliminates “see through cowl” effect.
- Multi-part canopy may be posed open or closed.
- Rotating propeller: the propeller plugs into a polythene bushing which allows adding it late in assembly so there is less chance of breakage.
- Highly detailed cockpit with accurate instrument panel, seat, control stick and rudder pedals, bulkheads, and sculpted pilot figure.
- Detailed pictorial instructions with separate sheet for color details.
- Separate wheel hubs for easy painting.
MARKING OPTIONS: Includes ScaleMaster InvisaClear decals: this is a printing process which results in very little excess clear carrier sheet. This could
otherwise show on the model and detract from its appearance. Three aircraft:
1: III./JG26 August 1940, France, Kommandeur Adolf Galland.
Top: Grey-Green RLM02 and Dark Green RLM71 Splinter camouflage.
Bottom: RLM 65 Light blue.
2: II./JG77, October 1940, Norway.
Variation on scheme 1.
3: II./JG54, October 1940, France.
Variation on scheme 1: with RLM71 mottling on fuselage sides.
Additional Paints Required: Colors are all flat except where indicated.
Detail colors: RLM02 Interior Grey-Green, Silver, Yellow, Red, Blue, Khaki, Buff, Gloss Red, Semi-gloss Black, Flesh, and White.
- Scale: 1/48
- Wingspan: 8-1/4″ (20.7cm)
- Fuselage Length: 7-1/4″ (18.3cm)