- This is a Plastic 1/48 WWII Supermarine Spitfire MKI Airplane from Tamiya.
- The Supermarine Spitfire I was the British Royal Air Force’s premiere fighter during the first two years of WWII and, with the Hawker Hurricane, formed thebackbone of the defense against the German Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain.
- Tamiya’s rendition of the Spitfire I builds up into an impressive, highly detailed 1/48th scale replica with lots of interior and exterior detail.
- High quality water activated decals are included for two specific aircraft.
- Approx 50 parts molded in medium grey and clear
- Fine recessed panel lines.
- Multi-part canopy may be posed open or closed.
- Wheels have separate hubs for easy painting.
- Finely sculpted pilot figure.
- Highly detailed cockpit with accurate instrument panel, seat, control stick and rudder pedals, and bulkheads.
- Separate, positionable cockpit door.
- Detailed instructions with separate sheet for paint scheme.
OPTIONS: Decals are printed on 2 sheets – one sheet contains national markings and stencils, other sheet has code letters and white backgrounds for national markings. Two aircraft:
1: Serial No. L1043, DW o O, No. 610 Squadron, RAF.
Topside: Dark Green/Dark Earth camouflage; Bottom: Sky.
2: Serial No. X4561, QJ o B, No. 92 Squadron, RAF.
Topside: Dark Green/Dark Earth camouflage; Bottom: Sky and Black.
Paints Required: Colors are all flat except where indicated.
Detail colors: British Interior Grey Green, Black, Silver, Yellow, Field Blue, Gloss Red, Semi-gloss Black, Flesh, Green, Brown, and Metallic Blue.
- Hobby Knife
- Paint: (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Cement for plastics (TESR3512)
- Nice-to-have tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter, Airbrush and Accessories
- Scale: 1/48
- Wingspan: 9-1/4″ (23.4cm)
- Fuselage Length: 7-1/2″ (19.3cm)