- The Gen8 International Scout II is Redcat’s first vehicle to be completely designed and developed, in house, in the United States. The Gen8 has rapidly taking the RC marketplace by storm. A quick search will reveal its incredible acceptance into the scale RC crawler community. With its amazing performance, straight out of the box, the Gen8 appeals to both the RTR enthusiasts, as well as to the custom build community.
- The Gen8 International® Scout II is a highly competitive professional rock crawler that includes many performance features such as: C-channel frame rails, low center of gravity battery tray, centrally mounted divorced transfer case, lockable slipper clutch, portal axles with metal gear covers, MOD-1 gears, machined aluminum spools, front CVAs, 32 rubber-sealed ball bearings, threaded aluminum shocks, 47º steering blocks with proper Ackerman, Panhard bar, LED-ready bumpers, winch-ready front bumper, and frame mounted floor pans.
- The Gen8 features a highly detailed fully licensed International® Scout II body, hard plastic grill, plastic folding mirrors, molded inner and outer fenders, shackle mount front bumper, receiver hitch ready rear bumper, and plastic rock sliders. The Gen8’s body and bumpers are ready to have LED lights installed.
- True to scale, licensed Interco IROK Super Swamper tires and functional beadlock wheels pull the Gen8 through the toughest terrains. Each wheel uses inner and outer beadlock rings for maximum strength and tire holding capability.
- Portal axles provide more ground clearance without needing bigger tires. On the GEN8, much of the gear reduction happens inside the portal axles, which means less chassis torque twist than traditional axle shaft driven rock crawlers. The portal axles provide 54.5mm of ground clearance and include metal gear covers, metal wheel hexes, and CNC machined spools.
- The innovative dual design slipper clutch allows the driver to set the slipper clutch, or completely lock it out. Locking out the slipper clutch is simple, just remove the slipper pads and springs, then reassemble. The GEN8 includes a 32P spur gear and Mod 1 gears in the transmission, transfer case, and portal axles.
- The Gen8’s over built transmission and transfer case feature massive Mod 1 gears, which are designed for hard core crawling of the most grueling conditions. A sealed pinion and spur keeps the gears safe from rocks and debris. Adjust your gearing to fit most motor and driving styles with easy fitment of 9T to 23T pinion gear allowing gear ratios of 28.12 to 71.85. The Redcat Racing GEN8 features a front mounted motor, a divorced transfer case, and 32 rubber sealed bearings through the vehicle.
- The Redcat Racing GEN8 makes it easy to conquer all types of terrain. The stock configuration offers users 73.4mm of ground clearance, a 61 degree approach angle, and a 39.5 degree departure angle.
- Fully adjustable wheel base, adjustable ride height, adjustable toe angle, multiple shock positions, adjustable approach and departure angle, tunable suspension, and lockable adjustable slipper clutch, ensure the driver gets the very best performance out of the Gen8, no matter the course conditions.
The Gen8 International Scout II is highly upgradeable with many upgraded parts available, including numerable 3D printable parts that have been made available for download by our engineers.
The Redcat Racing International Scout II is a great choice for anyone looking for high performance professional rock crawler with limitless potential.
- • Portal axles, Divorced transfer case, High strength 1.5mm C-Channel chassis rails, 4-Link suspension, Aluminum threaded shocks, Functional 1.9 beadlock wheels, CNC machined spools, Metal wheel hexes, Rubber sealed ball bearings throughout, 47º precision steering, Panhard bar, Front mounted motor.
- • Adjustable wheel base, Adjustable ride height, Adjustable toe angle, Multiple shock positions, Adjustable approach and departure angle, Tunable suspension, Lockable adjustable slipper clutch, Many upgraded parts available, Many 3D printable parts available.
- • Licensed International Harvester Scout II body, Hard plastic grill, LED ready body and bumpers, Plastic folding mirrors, Molded inner and outer fenders, Licensed Interco Super Swamper tires, Shackle mount bumpers (LED ready), Plastic rock sliders
- • 17T 550 brushed motor, Waterproof crawler ESC, Hexfly waterproof steering servo, 2.4GHz radio system.