The Traxxas Rustler XL-5 Waterproof for More Power and More Fun!
The Traxxas Rustler is a proven favorite with a formula for rugged fun that nothing else can touch. The Rustler blows the doors off the competition with more power, smoother control, better grip, and performance that makes it one of the fastest Ready-To-Race electric trucks available. The Rustler rips off-road roost with its powerful Titan 12-Turn modified 550 motor and XL-5 Electronic Speed Control. It’s made for power-sliding, full-throttle, off-road action and aggressive driving fun – and not just in the dirt! With Traxxas’ exclusive waterproof electronics, Rustler blasts through puddles, mows through mud and shreds snow. Your R/C adventures are limited only by your imagination. With a top speed of 35+mph, Rustler leaves everything else back on the work bench.
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
The Rustler’s exclusive watertight, sealed electronics provide the freedom to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions. The XL-5 electronic speed control and the mini receiver are sealed against the elements. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun.
The Titan 12T 550 modified motor pumps out incredible mod-motor power with virtually maintenance-free operation, and long-lasting performance. The Titan’s integrated cooling fan pulls cool air through vent tunnels molded into the motor plate to keep temperatures down. A cooler running motor equates to faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life. The XL-5 Electronic Speed Control offers high current handling, EZ-Set one-button setup, and smooth high-frequency control. Once reserved for high-end replacement ESCs, the XL-5 comes standard with three drive profiles, low voltage detection, thermal shutdown protection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance. The patented Traxxas High-Current Connector opens the door for unrestricted current flow with today’s high-power batteries.
4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
For quick, convenient, hassle-free charging, a 4-amp DC fast charger is included to maximize runtime and minimize down time. The included NiMH charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for universal high-output charging. The brilliant LED provides charging status as soon as the battery is connected. The charger is optimized for charging your Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH battery. Peak-detection circuitry makes sure the battery receives a full charge every time. The status LED flashes green to indicate when charging is in progress, then turns solid green when charging is complete for foolproof charging, peak performance, and maximum runtime.
Traxxas 3000 mAh, 8.4v, 7-cell NiMH battery with iD
Rustler includes a Traxxas 3000 mAh, 8.4v, iD Power Cell Battery Pack optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas High-Current Connectors. Traxxas iD chargers (sold separately) auto-detect iD-equipped Power Cell batteries and automatically set and optimize charge settings. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the package.
100% Fully Assembled and Ready-To-Race
Traxxas backs the Rustler and all of their products with top-notch support that is second to none. Unmatched parts support allows Rustler to be serviced with parts and support from thousands of hobby dealers worldwide. Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your R/C experience is easy and fun.
- Traxxas 4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charge
- Traxxas Power Cell 3000 mAh, 8.4V, NiMH Battery with iD
- Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz Radio System
- Traxxas #6519 TQ 3-channel micro receiver
- Waterproof electronics permit driving in water, mud and snow
- Waterproof receiver box
- High-torque Waterproof Traxxas #2056 steering servo
- Powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan.
- Rustler reaches speeds in excess of 35mph using the included optional 28-tooth pinion gear
- High-performance waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control.
- Innovative watersealed design
- Three Drive Profiles
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode – 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- 12-Turn motor limit for 550 size motors
- 15-Turn motor limit for 540 size motors
- Integrated on/off switch
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- LiPo and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
- Large axle carriers with 5×11 mm Oilite Bushings
- Efficient Magnum 272 three-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable planetary gear differential
- Telescoping U-joint driveshafts
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis.
- Gray chassis components offer a fresh look
- Speed control and waterproof receiver box are securely fastened to chassis
- Easy access battery compartment
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a new responsive spring rate
- Durable solid camber links eliminate the need for adjustment
- Captured rod ends won’t pop off for superior durability
- Alias step-pin rear tires and Alias ribbed front tires offer superior off-road traction
- Rustler’s tires include performance foam inserts and they come pre-glued on mirror-chrome 2.8″ All-Star wheels
- ProGraphix multi-colored painted body
- Wing is securely attached to the body with precision hex hardware
- Rustler is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
|Length:||17.5 inches (445 mm)|
|Front Track:||12.25 inches (311 mm)|
|Rear Track:||12.25 inches (311 mm)|
|Weight:||59.6 ounces (1.69 kg)|
|Height (overall):||7 inches (178 mm)|
|Wheelbase:||11.38 inches (289 mm)|
|Front Shock Length:||Long|
|Rear Shock Length:||XXLong|
|Front Tires (pre-glued):||Alias Ribbed 2.8″|
|Rear Tires (pre-glued):||Alias Step-Pin 2.8″|
|Front Wheels:||2.8″ Mirror-Chome (All-Stars)|
|Rear Wheels:||2.8″ Mirror-Chome (All-Stars)|
|Electronic Speed Control:||XL-5 Electronic Speed Control|
|Motor (electric):||Titan 12T 550 (12-turn 550)|
|Steering Servo:||#2056 High Torque Waterproof|
|Transmitter:||TQ 2.4GHz Radio|
|Receiver:||#6519 TQ 3-Channel Micro|
|Gear Ratio (internal):||2.72 (final drive: 10.17)|
|Chassis Type:||Modified Tub|
|Chassis Material:||Composite Nylon|
|Battery Tray Dimensions:||166 mm x 47.5 mm x 28 mm|
|Included Charger:||Traxxas 4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger|
|Included Batteries:||Traxxas Power Cell 3000 mAh, 8.4V, NiMH Battery with iD|
|Required Batteries:||4 “AA” (transmitter)|